You can view the list at:
Sale to be held online on March 8, 2023 at 10:30 a.m.
Link to List:
Pursuant to an Order of Sale entered November 7, 2022, in the 2020 Washington County, City of Johnson City, Tennessee, and Town of Jonesborough delinquent tax suit, certain tracts of real property will be offered for sale to satisfy the delinquent tax liens for both Washington County, the City of Johnson City, and Town of Jonesborough. You will be required to pay all amounts due for the years 2010 through 2020, which include base tax, interest, penalty, attorney fees, court costs and expenses associated with the sale. Taxes for the 2021 and 2022 tax years are due and payable and should be paid in the Trustee’s Office, City of Johnson City or Town of Jonesborough.
These tracts are subject to a one-year statutory right of redemption. If a tract is redeemed, the high bidder will be entitled to have his entire bid plus 12% per annum interest returned.
1. Your certified check, personal check, money order or cash will be accepted for the full amount of your bid until 4:00 p.m. on March 9, 2023.
2. At online registration, all bidders shall be required to provide a letter of credit or proof of certified funds in order to be allowed to bid at the tax sale.
3. All sales will be subject to the confirmation of the Chancery Court.
4. When the Chancery Court confirms the sale a Clerk and Master’s Tax Deed may be issued at your request for a fee of $100.00.
5. If you are the successful bidder on a tract of real property and are unable to make good your bid, you will be responsible for the cost of a new sale and the difference in price that may be received.
6. Successful bidders will be conveyed their property by a Clerk and Master’s Tax Deed (if requested and for a fee of $100.00). The Delinquent Tax Attorney, Clerk and Master, Washington County, City of Johnson City, and Town of Jonesborough are giving no warranties as to the title, the boundary lines, acreage, or dimensions of the subject property, or to the condition of any improvements located on the subject property. Successful bidders should be aware that any re-conveyance of the property may be uninsurable for title insurance purposes for a minimum of ten years.
7. Bidders MUST be aware that the status of the property shown on any map or GIS software is not a current image. Any structures shown on maps may have been torn down, and a lien for the demolition may be in place with the city. Bidders should ALWAYS view the property and check with municipalities to ensure no demolition is scheduled.
Auction begins at 10:30 a.m. on the premises.
212 Clearview Street, Gray, TN 37615
See more information below.
You can view “Tax List.pdf” at:
If you are the purchaser of a propety listed on the linked document. You are responsible for the liens listed.
You can view “Tax List.pdf” at:
You can view “Updated Tax List.pdf” at:
We are working hard to verify bidders. Please do not call to let us know you are “pending approval” as we are constantly checking on new registration and working to get bidders approved. Thank you for your patience.
Also, the list will be updated tomorrow at noon and 5:00 p.m. We anticipate a high volume of people coming in to pay taxes. There are currently 67 parcels remaining for sale.
Please note the photos shown on WWW.GOVEASE.COM, on the auction screen, may not reflect the actual state of the real property. The images are not current. It is recommended that bidders view the property prior to bidding.
Bidders are reminded that they are responsible for completing a title examination and checking on the status of the real property. Further, bidders should check with municipal and county codes enforcement to determine if any action is scheduled on the purchased property.